JoikuSpot: Instant 3G WIFI hotspot using Symbian phones (S60)

joikuspot.jpg

JoikuSpot, which is currently on beta, is a software based application that allows your WIFI-enabled Nokia phone to act as a Wireless hotspot.

Quoting Joiku website:
“Multiple devices can connect to JoikuSpot in parallel and seamlessly share the same 3G internet connection. JoikuSpot acts thus as an internet gateway to external WLAN devices.”

This will enable you to share your 3G connection peer-to-peer wirelessly via WIFI to compatible devices with WLAN capability like Laptop, UMPC, iPod Touch and most of all iPhone. This a good news, perfect for Smart P10/30min rate.

This is very helpful specially if your devices does not have bluetooth.

joikuspot2.jpg

joikuspot1.jpg

Advantage:
Instant WIFI HotSpot, peer-to-peer
Support Multiple connection at the same time
Cordless (look ma, no wire)

Disadvantage (for now):
No security, every WIFI-enabled devices can connect as long as it is within range.

The initial features of JoikuSpot Light:
– Sharing the phone’s 3G internet connection over WLAN to external devices
– HTTP and HTTPS protocol support
– Routing of the connection to pre-defined homepage (www.joikuspot.com)
– Showing the status of established connections via JoikuSpot
– Discovery of the open JoikuSpot by external WLAN devices
– Symbian v3 OS support

System Requirements:
JoikuSpot installs to Smartphones with Symbian v3 OS with WLAN and 3G capability.
Compatibility with all S60 devices is not yet tested, but should work on almost all of the latest Nokia Symbian s60 v3 Smartphone models. Some early s60 v3 models with very old firmware may . The cure for such is to update the phone’s firmware to a newer one. JoikuSpot needs to be turned on to share the internet access. Please note that when you turn JoikuSpot on, you allow external devices to access internet via your phone.

joikuspot3.jpg

“JoikuSpot, a Very HotSpot: Free – Instant – Easy”

1. Pingback: Ebay Deals on Diamond Rings

11. Pingback: telford escort agency

12. Pingback: yarra valley wine tours & best yarra valley wine tours

13. Pingback: telford escort

14. Pingback: web designer

15. Pingback: computer security

16. viral videos

Definitely believe that that you stated. Your favourite justification appeared to be at the web the easiest factor to take into account of.
    I say to you, I definitely get annoyed at the same time as people consider worries that they plainly do not
    know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , people could take a signal.
    Will likely be again to get more. Thanks

17. Pingback: Hindu baby girl names

18. christianwestphal.com

Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few
    months of hard work due to no backup. Do
    you have any solutions to prevent hackers?

19. Mellissa

I think that everything wrote was very reasonable. But, what about this?

suppose you were to write a killer headline?
    I ain’t suggesting your information is not solid, however suppose you added a title that grabbed folk’s attention? I mean JoikuSpot: Instant 3G WIFI
    hotspot using Symbian phones (S60) – Kramfs Tech Chronicles is
    a little plain. You ought to glance at Yahoo’s home page and watch
    how they create post headlines to get people to open the links.
    You might try adding a video or a pic or two to get people interested about what
    you’ve written. In my opinion, it might bring your blog
    a little bit more interesting.

20. sliquid lube

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but good topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
    Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for this info for my mission.

21. Pingback: Click Here

22. Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s on a totally different subject but it has
    pretty much the same page layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

23. buy Zolpidem online uk

Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand
    your stuff previous to and you’re just too great.
    I actually like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you are saying
    and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart.
    I can’t wait to read far more from you. This is actually
    a great website.

24. social media marketing strategy

Ridiculous quest there. What occurred after? Thanks!

25. Pingback: nice apartments in michigan

40. Pingback: Pop Up Display

41. Pingback: dome surveillance camera

42. Pingback: security camera set

43. Pingback: Roll Up Stand

44. Pingback: surveillance camera price

45. interior bifold doors

Hi there, You have done an incredible job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
    I am confident they’ll be benefited from this website.

46. Pingback: find security cameras

47. steverit.su

Have you ever thought about writing an e-book
    or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based upon on the same
    ideas you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my viewers would value your work.
    If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

48. Pingback: lorex security cameras

49. Jada

If you are going for most excellent contents like I do, just
    go to see this web page daily as it presents quality contents, thanks

50. Pingback: garbage pickup