Globe Telecoms rolled-out its first commercial WiMAX service

This is good news and more options for the consumer in time for more uptake in the bandwidth hungry applications and mobile audio/video streaming.

image WiMAX uses the 802.16 standard developed by the WiMAX Forum. Currently, it has a maximum bandwidth speed of up to 70 megabits per second. Current cellular-based HSDPA (high speed downlink packet access) Internet services, can deliver only up to 5 Mbps bandwidth to users.

WiMAX can offer greater flexibility but it is largely for data transmission. 3G cellular networks can do both data and voice. The only limitation will be on the bandwidth allocation for both data and voice in 3G, which can affect both services.

In addition, 3G can be used on a geographically wider area allowing for voice communications anywhere. WiMAX would be deployed as a wide area network service.

But in order to take advantage of this VAS, you need to have a WiMAX ready equipment similar to but not compatible to WIFI or 3G hardware.

Why can’t they just make a standard hardware to take advantage of all this services? Or better yet, adopt only one standard for wireless broadband.

Globe said that subscribers would get a maximum bandwidth of up to 512 kilobits per second at P795 per month under its WiMAX-powered Globe Broadband service.

The hardware is provided by Intel and is now promoting its WiMAX modules to hardware manufacturers, just as it did when it pushed its WiFi components to manufacturers. Globe Telecoms and Intel collaborated in joint trial project WiMAX deployment through Intel in plant Cavite before the commercial deployment.

Meanwhile, Smart Communications is already planning trials of WiMAX, although the timetable was not disclosed according to Public Affairs Head Ramon Isberto.

Want to know how WiMAX works?

1. mattress cleaning london

I’m impressed, I must say. Really not often do I encounter a weblog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me let you know, you’ve got hit the nail on the head. Your idea is excellent; the issue is something that not sufficient individuals are speaking intelligently about. I’m very joyful that I stumbled across this in my seek for something regarding this.

2. Pingback: research study in usa

3. Pingback: green card lottery bulgaria

4. Pingback: usa visa lottery 2017

5. route travel tips

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much
    about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think
    that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is magnificent blog.
    A great read. I will definitely be back.

6. Pingback: Design and develop wordpress website

7. Pingback: mexico to usa visa

8. Pingback: Kosten airco

9. Pingback: Best Bed Bug Treatment

10. youtube networks

I’d have to examine with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I take pleasure in studying a submit that can make people think. Also, thanks for permitting me to remark!

11. purchasing timex watches

Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I loved this
    post. It was practical. Keep on posting!

12. route travel tips

WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching
    for heart disease

13. Pingback: cross body bag strap

14. Pingback: Pergola's

15. Pingback: Lachha paratha

16. Pingback: Latest MMA News

17. Pingback: sex med eldre damer

18. arsenal soccer jerseys

Your means of describing all in this article is truly nice, all be
    able to simply know it, Thanks a lot.

19. Pingback: sexoslo

20. buy hacklinks

There’s noticeably a bundle to learn about this. I assume you made certain good factors in options also.

21. Pingback: wood floor repair

22. Pingback: Zwembaden Le Bain D'or - Uw Zwembad op Maat

23. Pingback: dumpster rental Avon

24. Pingback: Le Bain D'or polypropyleen zwembaden

25. Pingback: 3 yard dumpster rental

26. Pingback: Zwembadbouw

27. Pingback: average cost of dumpster rental

28. Pingback: Zwembad in de tuin

29. Pingback: dumpster rental Clio

30. Pingback: bfi dumpster

31. Pingback: op?ration laser yeux

32. Pingback: best resveratrol

33. phones encapsulate

Excellent site you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any message
    boards that cover the same topics discussed in this article?
    I’d really love to be a part of online community where I
    can get suggestions from other knowledgeable people that
    share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks a lot!

34. Pingback: operation presbytie

35. Pingback: hopital pour les yeux

36. Pingback: meilleur clinique laser yeux

37. Pingback: Nieuw dak

38. Pingback: Horizontal Shangri-la Window Blinds Quality Fabric Made to Measure Roller Shade

39. Pingback: Horizontal Shade Zebra Blind Window Roller Custom Cut Size Woodlook Curtain

40. Pingback: Dakwerkers Limburg

41. Pingback: Zebra Roller Window Blinds Shade Room Darkening Looped Chain Blind Color

42. Pingback: Durable Toddler Faucet Extender 4 colors 1pcs Washing Sink Kids Bathroom Tap

43. Pingback: African news game and hangout