Fixing the “Can’t boot system as genuine NUMA” of ESX4 U1 under Workstation 7

Got this error after installing ESX 4 U1 as a virtual machine running under VMware Workstation 7 for some Lab work. After installation completed, the following error was shown on the ESX console:

TSC: 54361147 cpu0:0)NUMA: 706: Can’t boot system as genuine NUMA. Booting with 1 fake node(s).

Although this didn’t seem to cause any issues with the VM, it is annoying to see red error message.

According to Wikipedia:

Non-Uniform Memory Access or Non-Uniform Memory Architecture (NUMA) is a computer memory design used in multiprocessors, where the memory access time depends on the memory location relative to a processor. Under NUMA, a processor can access its own local memory faster than non-local memory, that is, memory local to another processor or memory shared between processors.

We’ll I don’t need NUMA for my Lab so after tinkering on the ESX settings, I found out that there’s a setting under Boot section of VMKernel that can be un-check to prevent the use of NUMA.

vSphere Client -> ESX/vCenter -> Left-click on the ESX server -> Configuration -> Advanced Settings -> Vmkernel -> vmkernel.boot.usenumainfo -> uncheck (this may require a reboot if it doesnt take effect right away)

We’ll a picture is worth a thousand words they say so here’s a screenshot:

image

After rebooting the ESX VM, no more annoying red message:

image

1. Pingback: Polypropyleen zwembad

2. Pingback: Zwembad bouwen

3. Pingback: 40 yard dumpster cost

4. jordan soccer jersey

Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa?
    My blog covers a lot of the same subjects as yours and I believe
    we could greatly benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to shoot me an email.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Wonderful blog by the
    way!

5. holiday travel cruise

My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog.
    He was once entirely right. This post truly made my day.
    You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info!
    Thank you!

6. http://positkorea.com

Tremendous things here. I am very satisfied to see your article.
    Thank you so much and I am having a look ahead to contact you.
    Will you please drop me a e-mail?

7. Pingback: Aanleg zwembad

8. heart muscle

It’s awesome in favor of me to have a site, which is
    useful in support of my know-how. thanks admin

9. www.information.za.org

Hello there, You have done a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and personally suggest
    to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this site.

10. Pingback: trash containers

11. Pingback: yard waste disposal

12. Pingback: Car Insurance Joilet IL

13. Pingback: meilleur clinique laser yeux

14. Pingback: SSL Certification setup

15. Pingback: best resveratrol

16. Pingback: operation lasik

17. Pingback: Dakwerkers

18. Pingback: clinique des yeux

19. Pingback: Dak vervangen

20. Pingback: op?ration hyperm?tropie

21. Pingback: Dak vernieuwen

22. Pingback: Renovatie daken

23. Pingback: Durable Toddler Faucet Extender 4 colors 1pcs Washing Sink Kids Bathroom Tap

24. imagine holiday travel

Hello, I log on to your blogs like every week.
    Your story-telling style is awesome, keep doing what
    you’re doing!

25. Pingback: Random Password Generator

26. Pingback: world breaking news

27. Pingback: Con su dung tot

28. Pingback: African news game and hangout

29. Pingback: golf holdforløb

30. Pingback: Android Material Design

31. Pingback: Gl sony

32. Pingback: food app ui kit

33. Pingback: Neo 9 m?i 98%. Bh 6 tháng

34. Pingback: wifi hack-resistant

35. Pingback: skype bugs

36. Pingback: vitamin drink powder

37. Christopher

Fantastic items from you, man. I’ve keep in mind your stuff
    previous to and you’re just too fantastic. I actually like what
    you’ve acquired here, really like what you are saying and the best way by which
    you are saying it. You’re making it enjoyable and you continue
    to care for to stay it smart. I cant wait to read far more
    from you. That is really a terrific site.

38. Pingback: iPhone 6S TGDD 16G zin Ä?úng 100%