CloudCamp Singapore 2010 – where early adopters of Cloud Computing technologies exchange ideas
I just received notice that CloudCamp Singapore is going to be held on Monday night (Sept 20th) at 5:30pm. Its a free event which will be held at PayPal’s office in Suntec Towers (map). I think you’ll love this event because Cloud Computing is hot, and unconferences are a great way to discuss hot topics.
Topics to be discussed are:
- "How to Build your own Private Cloud”
- "Choosing between IaaS and PaaS"
- "Migrating Enterprise Apps to the Cloud" and many others.
Other speakers will include:
- Dave Mitchell, Director of SaaS at IBM will present "Building SaaS applications in the Cloud"
- Chris Boesch of Singapore Management University will present "The benefits of PaaS vs. IaaS".
- Dave Nielsen, co-founder of CloudCamp, will give a talk about "The Economically Unstoppable Cloud"
Are you interested in, or have experience with the following subjects:
- Using Infrastructure-as-a-Service – EC2, Rackspace Cloud, etc.
- Using Platform-as-a-Service – App Engine, Heroku, Engine Yard, Force.com, Azure, etc.
- Scaling apps in the Cloud – H-Base, Membase, RabbitMQ
- Managing apps in the Cloud – Scalr, RightScale
- Migrating apps to the Cloud
- Cloud Security
- Big Data – Hadoop
If so, you should attend CloudCamp where you will learn from your peers and experts about Cloud Computing. Register here.
WHEN: September 20, 2010
PayPal Singapore (map)
#09-01 Suntec Tower 5
5 Temasek Boulevard
5:30pm: Registration & Networking
6:15pm: Lightning Talks
– "The Economically Unstoppable Cloud" - Dave Nielsen
– "OpenStack, Open Standards" - from Cloudscaling
– "Benefits of PaaS versus SaaS" – Chris Boesch, Singapore Management University
– Dave Mitchell, Director of SaaS at IBM
– "5 reasons or implications of moving enterprise app to the cloud" – Ryan Joseph of YBO
6:45pm: Lightning Panel
7:15pm: Begin Unconference
7:30pm: Unconference Session 1
– What is Cloud Computing? – Dave Nielsen, CloudCamp
– Benefits of PaaS such as Google App Engine – Chris Boesch, SMU
– How to build your own Cloud
– Interoperability and Open Source
– Cloud Security
8:30pm: Unconference Session 2
– How to Scale your application in the Cloud"
9:30pm: Wrap-up & Networking