Choppy video when viewing 1080p using VLC

Do you have 1080p video that your dying to watch only to found out that your high end PC/Laptop seems not up to the task of decoding?

We’ll, there’s quick fix for it but let’s have quick overview on what is 1080p:

1080p is the shorthand name for a category of display resolutions.

The number "1080" represents 1,080 lines of vertical resolution (1080 horizontal scan lines), while the letter p stands for progressive scan (meaning the image is not interlaced). 1080p can be referred to as full HD or full high definition to differentiate it from other HDTV video modes.

The term usually assumes a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, implying a horizontal resolution of 1920 pixels. This creates a frame resolution of 1920×1080, or 2,073,600 pixels in total. The frame rate in Hertz can be either implied by the context or specified after the letter p, such as 1080p30, meaning 30 Hz.

1080p is sometimes referred to in marketing materials as "Complete High-Definition". H.264 codecs are pretty CPU intensive.

What is VLC?

VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, …) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.

You can speed up the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC playback by disabling loop filter for H.264 decoding.

So if your computer is struggling when decoding 1080p samples from H264 using VLC, do the following.

• Open Tools > preferences
  • Tick “All” under “Show settings in the lower right corner
  • Expand "Input/Codec"
  • Go to "other codecs" subcategory
  • Select "FFmpeg"
  • Select “All” under "skip the loop filter for H.264 decoding"
  • Restart VLC

I love screenshots so let’s include them here:

image

image

Try watching your HD video again and see the difference….

Update setting for VLC v.1.1.8:

image

1. black friday wordpress theme discount

Good day! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the nice data you might have right here on this post. I will likely be coming back to your weblog for extra soon.

2. Pingback: Online trading platform

3. Pingback: best online trading platform

4. Futurama Worlds of Tomorrow Cheat

After I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get 4 emails with the same comment. Is there any manner you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

5. Pingback: huge dildos

6. Pingback: Online trading platform

7. Pingback: valentus slim roast

8. Pingback: best selling vibrator

9. Pingback: Learn Piano Online from home

10. Pingback: valentus

11. sciatica pain headaches

A round of applause for your post.Much thanks again. Keep writing.

12. Jose Wilame Araujo Rodrigues

Hey there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any methods to prevent hackers?|

13. It’s laborious to seek out knowledgeable folks on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

14. Marvel Puzzle Quest Online Generator

Can I just say what a aid to search out somebody who really is aware of what theyre speaking about on the internet. You positively know the right way to bring an issue to mild and make it important. More people must read this and perceive this aspect of the story. I cant imagine youre not more in style because you definitely have the gift.

15. SimCity BuildIt Online Generator

The subsequent time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I mean, I know it was my option to read, however I truly thought youd have something attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about one thing that you would repair when you werent too busy in search of attention.

16. Grupo Serval escandalo

Hi! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay. I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.|

17. Plants vs Zombies 2 Cheat

Once I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any manner you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

18. Real Racing 3 Hack

Would you be concerned about exchanging links?

19. Pingback: Learn Music Online

20. GSN Casino Slot Machine Games Hack

Oh my goodness! a tremendous article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing problem with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anybody who is aware of kindly respond. Thnkx

21. Pingback: digital marketing agency birmingham

22. Pingback: bookkeeping services birmingham

23. Pingback: West Des Moines Accounting

24. Jurassic World The Game Online Generator

Can I simply say what a aid to seek out somebody who really knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know learn how to convey an issue to mild and make it important. More folks must learn this and understand this facet of the story. I cant imagine youre not more in style since you undoubtedly have the gift.

25. Pingback: mobile car valet solihull

26. MORTAL KOMBAT X Cheat

This is the proper weblog for anybody who wants to seek out out about this topic. You understand so much its virtually laborious to argue with you (not that I truly would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply great!

27. Luiz Gastao Bittencourt da Silva

I am really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one today.|

28. Pingback: 2015 taxes